MUNDOFOX set to captivate the US Latino Market


I consider myself a bi-cultural individual. I speak Spanish as easily as I speak English. I was born in Brooklyn, raised in Queens and my parents are both Ecuadorian. I lived in the beautiful country for about a year when I was growing up – sure not a lot of time, but enough to never-ever forget to speak and write in Spanish. So what do I like? What music do I listen to? Well simply everything and to me, that’s the beauty of being bi-cultural. I love all kinds of music, Pop, Latin Pop, Rock, Latin Rock - you get the picture. As for TV - ask me if I watch a Telenovela and I will automatically answer no. Sure I’ve watched my share of Thalia novelas growing up, think back to MariMar and Maria La Del Barrio, but I mean c’mon! Who hasn’t? As time progressed, I outgrew the stereotypical poor girl marries a rich boy story-line, (vice-versa).

As an adult, I gravitate more towards dramas like my absolute favorite, LOST, or current comedies like Modern Family and Happy Endings (thank you ABC for all of these AMAZING shows). I would however, love to be able to watch an interesting, out of the norm, Spanish language show. So while I was browsing the FOXNEWS website, I found a link to an article about a new channel called “MundoFox”, (which airs August 13th), and I instantly wondered “What could this be? Yet another channel that airs traditional Televisa type of novelas?” Wrong! After reading up on this new channel that is said to be Univision’s new competition, I was very impressed. The channel is set to target the American Latino and non-hispanics that love our vibrant culture with non-traditional, higher quality television programs, (telenovelas included!).

I went to the website and saw previews to shows like El Capo, the second season of the very successful action packed TV series that follows Pedro Pablo León Jaramillo, a man who became the most successful drug trafficker in Colombia, and a dare I say it? – A telenovela called “El Joe La Leyenda”, which tells the story of the late Salsa singer’s life and how he influenced the world of Salsa as we know it. It’s not just the exciting fresh show content that excites me, (because I sure do love me some Salsa), but it’s how these shows are filmed that really captured my interest. Don’t take my word for it, take a look for yourselves and get ready for some great TV shows!

Will you be tuning in to these new shows on MundoFox? I know I will!

xo
Lo



MUNDOFOX - El Capo homepage 

MUNDOFOX - El Joe La Leyenda homepage
 

No comments:

Post a Comment