6 Summer Essentials

I find that minimal makeup is the best way to go come the warmer weather. You don't want to wear too much makeup only to end up sweating it off on your walk to the subway! That's why it's important to always have a select amount of trustworthy beauty products you can count on once it gets really hot out. Let me walk you through the 6 summer essentials I cannot - and will not be without.

First things first, always remember to leave your home wearing sunblock. It's the most important rule about protecting your skin, not only in the summer, but all year round. Keep this in your bag and remember to re-apply as needed. I recommend Neutrogena's Ultra Dry Sheer Touch Sun Block.

Then there’s the tinted moisturizer with SPF. It gives your face a subtle and light coverage. I personally hate feeling like a have a thick layer of makeup on, so an oil-free tinted moisturizer is the perfect way to go. Try Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer with SPF20.
I also like to use a liquid illuminator on my cheek bones. It gives you a nice bronzy glow. My favorite is NARS in Orgasm.
Next up is a trust worthy eyeliner that doesn’t bleed. I recommend going with Make Up Forever’s Aqua Liquid Liners. They come in so many different colors; I switch them up depending on my mood. A colored liner can add a little personality to your light makeup.

I love using lipsticks - ALL THE TIME. Like a lot of Latinas I know, I pride myself in putting together an outfit with a bright/bold color, but sometimes I just want to go for a more natural look. Try MAC's Tinted Lip-Balms for a subtle color on your lip.

Finally, there's the aqua-spritz. One of my good friends is a MAC make-up artist and she recommended I use their spritz, Fix +, to freshen up my look throughout the day. It hydrates your skin and gives you a soft dewy look.

Those were my 6 summer essentials, which are yours?

xo

Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment