Premios Juventud: Breakout Stars/Artistas Nuevos (VIDEO)


While watching PJ, the part that really caught my attention was when 3 new artists took the stage: Los Váquez Sounds, Matt Hunter and Leslie Grace. 

Never having heard of Los Vásquez Sounds, I was impressed. I couldn’t take my attention off the television screen to watch two boys playing instruments and a little girl singing Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’. “Who are these kids?” I thought to myself. Naturally I went on Google for a quick search and learned who they were in no time. They’re a music group composed of 3 siblings from Mexicali, Mexico. They are the talented offspring of music producer Abelardo Vázquez, who’s worked with two of my favorite bands Reik and Camila. These kids are between the ages of 11 and 15 and are already doing big things! Is this not eerily reminiscent to the incredible talent of Selena y Los Dinos? I look forward to hearing a lot more from them!

The next musical act is someone who I also wasn’t aware of; Matt Hunter. WHO? Again, I relied on my trusty Google search to tell me all I needed to know about young Matt. He’s a 14 year old boy who’s already being dubbed the “Latin Justin Bieber”. He sings great live and he’s bilingual (of Colombian and Italian descent). With more than 100K twitter followers and an amazing voice, I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot more of Matt as well.
Lastly, there was my favorite act of the night! Florida’s very own, Leslie Grace. A couple of days ago, I was listening to LaMega 97.9 and I heard what seemed to be a young bilingual girl interpreting the Shirelle’s 1960’s hit song, “Will you still love me tomorrow”, and I thought – “Who is this”? I loved the song from the moment I heard it and thankfully I was able to listen to the full version on YouTube. Leslie is already being referred to as “The Princess of Bachata”, a title well deserved; she has an amazing voice! If I’m not mistaken she’ll be collaborating with all of the top bachata artists like Prince Royce and Romeo Santos in no time! 

xo

Lo

----

Había una parte de los PJ que verdaderamente me llamo la atención: cuando 3 artistas nuevos tomaron el escenario: Los Váquez Sounds, Matt Hunter y Leslie Grace.

Nunca había escuchado de Los Vázquez Sounds, y quede muy impresionada. Pare lo que estaba haciendo y no podía mirar a nada más que la televisión. Vi dos jóvenes tocando instrumentos y una niña cantando la canción ‘Rolling in the Deep’ de Adele. Pensé “¿Estos chiquitos quien son”? Prendí mi computadora y los busque en google donde aprendí varios detalles sobre ellos. Son un grupo musical compuesto de 3 hermanos de Mexicali, Mexico. Son hijos del productor musical Abelardo Vázquez, quien ha trabajado con algunos de mis artistas favoritos como Reik y Camilla. ¡Estos niños tienen de 11 a 15 años y ya son exitosos! ¿No se parecen al talento que tenían Selena y Los Dinos? ¡Espero escuchar mucho más de ellos!

La próxima presentación fue de alguien que tampoco conocía; Matt Hunter. ¿QUIEN? También fui a google para buscar información de este niño y me entere de quien es el. Tiene 14 años y ya lo están llamando “El Justin Beiber Latino”. Canta maravilloso en vivo y es bilingüe (de descendencia Colombiana y Italiana). Con más de 100,000 seguidores en Twitter  y una voz estupenda, estoy segura que también estaremos viendo mucho mas de Matt.

Por último tenemos a mi presentación favorita de la noche. La Florideña, Leslie Grace. Hace unos días estaba escuchando LaMega 97.9,  y escuche lo que parecía ser una chica bilingüe, interpretando la canción de los Shirelles “Will you still love me tomorrow” y pensé – “¿Quien está cantando?” La canción me encanto desde el momento en que la escuche, y gracias a YouTube, pude escuchar la versión completa. Ya la están llamando “La Princesa de la Bachata”, un titulo bien merecido; ¡tiene tremenda voz! Si no estoy equivocada (y no lo estoy), pronto estará colaborando con los bachateros mas pegados del momento como Prince Royce y Romeo Santos.

xo

Lo 





No comments:

Post a Comment